- Needham expects Cooper Companies Inc COO to miss F3Q22 consensus revenue and EPS estimates due to unfavorable currency, lockdowns in China, and incremental interest expense when it releases earnings next week.
- The analyst also expects the management to lower its FY22 revenue and EPS guidance to account for macro headwinds and FY22 Myopia Management revenue expectations due to currency and lockdowns in China.
- When Needham initiated coverage, the Hold thesis was based on the limited upside to estimate of a high-single-digit EPS CAGR through FY24.
- "While we believe Cooper Companies can continue to gain contact lens market share given the breadth of its CooperVision portfolio, we expect the MiSight myopia management contact lens launch to require further investment to develop the market and to therefore be a headwind to margins," the analyst wrote.
- Given the premium pricing, MiSight's launch momentum could slow in a recessionary environment.
- PARAGARD is expected to face continued headwinds in F3Q22 as women shift to birth control, increased telemedicine trends, and gain from OB/GYN office visits in the long run.
- Related: Cooper Companies Scoops Up Cook Medical's Reproductive Health Business For $875M.
- With the Cook Medical Reproductive Health deal still pending, post-close EPS is expected to be lower than expected, says the analyst citing its international exposure
- Price Action: COO shares are down 0.57% at $309.56 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.