- Absolute Software Corp ABST clocked Q4 adjusted revenue growth of 70% to $54 million, beating the consensus of $53 million.
- EPS loss of $(0.10) beat the consensus loss of $(0.11).
- Raymond James analyst Adam Tindle maintained Absolute Software with an Outperform and raised the price target from $14 to $16.
- The re-rating followed Q4 results that close out a second consecutive year of "Rule of 40" performance (key SW metric: sum of growth + profitability) and initial FY23 guidance that suggests this will likely continue.
- The re-rating followed the NetMotion acquisition that closed just over a year ago, and the since rebranded Endpoint and Access product portfolio has taken shape.
- He envisions further synergy over time via extending the core persistence value prop across a broader platform and interesting initiatives around data/telemetry that are consistent with secular trends in next-gen security postures.
- He sees a disconnect between healthy double-digit ARR growth & EBITDA margin and the valuation of ABST relative to other assets that exhibit these characteristics. However, he suspects a solution over time via outperformance in the stock.
- BMO analyst Thanos Moschopoulos reiterated Market Perform with a price target of $11.50.
- He raised his estimates following upbeat results.
- Moschopoulos remains on the sidelines as he would like better comfort on ABST's longer-term competitive prospects in ZTNA.
- However, he saw more upside than downside to the stock given its valuation, ABST's execution under its current leadership, and a potentially accelerating growth trajectory.
- Price Action: ABST shares traded higher by 18.98% at $12.16 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.